Denshaw: Christ Church
- No service will take place on Sunday 6th Nov in Denshaw - the Team Confirmation Service will take place at St. Anne's Lydgate - all please support our candidates this year.
- Sunday School continues to meet weekly during term-time (usually at the village hall) - please refer to the monthly newsletters for more details
- Annual Christmas Fair will take place on Sunday 27th November at the village hall (midday - 4pm) - Everybody is welcome for what is usually a very enjoyable and successful event. If you would like a stall or wish to donate bottles, chocolates or homebake, please contact Ros on (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07884 940608)
- Remembrance Sunday service will take place on Sunday 13th November at 10.30am. This year, Rev'd Godfrey Adams will be leading the service and we will be joined by the Cubs and Beavers for the parade in addition to the Sunday School children. Claire Chalk has kindly agreed to play the Last Post and Reveille and we do hope that it will be well attended as it usually is.
- Tickets are still available for the Black Dyke concert which will take place on Friday 18th November - please contact Alison on 07802 771735 / email@example.com
- We are starting to plan our Christmas Services now. Please note the Carol Service will take place on Sunday 18th December and will be followed by Mulled Wine and Mince Pies.
Christ Church Denshaw is located in a prominent position in the picturesque village of Denshaw. It is the heart of the village and makes up one of the 7 worship centres within the Saddleworth Team being located at the most northerly end of Saddleworth. Denshaw is the smallest of the Saddleworth villages and boasts a village hall which is regularly used by the church for the Sunday School, fundraising events and PCC meetings.
Our service is usually very traditional and we are proud to continue to use the Book of Common Prayer and the King James Bible at the majority of the services. There are not many churches which continue to use these as their main form of worship, but our services are usually very well attended and people that attend enjoy the welcoming and relaxed environment which is created. Morning Prayer and Evensong services are usually sung although they are adapted for any special services. Refreshments are usually served at the end of the morning services.
There is a strong Sunday School which meet in the village hall during term time and join the service from 11am. We also have strong links with the school who use the church for their weekly assembly on Friday at 9.15am - parents and visitors are always welcome.
Baptisms can be arranged throughout the year and usually take place on a Sunday at midday (excluding Easter, Mothering Sunday and Christmas) - to book a baptism, please contact the Baptism Co-ordinator - Val Smith or one of the wardens.
CHRISTMAS Services- 2016
- Sunday 18th December 2016 - Traditional 9 Carols and Lessons Service - followed by mulled wine and mince pies
- Christmas Eve at 4pm - Family Crib Service
- Christmas Eve at 11.30pm - Midnight Eucharist - Rev'd John Rosedale
- Christmas Day at 10.30am - Christmas Day Eucharist - Rev'd Mike Donmall
- 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Sunday - 10.30am - Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer)
- 3rd Sunday - 10.30am - Morning Prayer (no Holy Communion)
- 2nd and 4th Sundays - 6pm - Evensong
For weddings and funerals, please contact the team office in the first instance
For anything else, please contact one of the wardens:
Mrs Rosalyn Martin Mr Peter Stefek
07884 940608 07973 332428