St Chad Saddleworth - Parish Church
- 1st Sunday - 11am - Holy Communion
- 2nd Sunday - 11am - Holy Communion
- 3rd Sunday - 11am - Holy Communion
- 4th Sunday - 11am - Morning Prayer (no Holy Communion)
- On the 5th Sunday all three of the worship centres worship together.
The venue is rotated.
There has been a place of Christian worship on the Parish Church site since 1215 AD, when the first Saddleworth Church was established as a chapel of ease as part of the Rochdale Parish, but in time became the possession of Whalley Abbey. Under the suppression of the churches by Henry VIII, the Abbey had to submit Quick Chapel, as it was then called, to the jurisdiction of Rochdale and more recently in 1866, patronage was transferred to the Bishop of Manchester.
The current grade 2* listed re-build, which stands in its own conservation area, is late Georgian. The interior, which includes the original gallery, has a pleasant warmth to it emanating a surprising light and colour. The stained glass tells the tale of the wildness of the weather in this area and the church does possess a fine Capronier depiction of the Visit of the Magi.
How to find us
St Chad Saddleworth, Church Lane, Uppermill, Oldham, OL3 6LW